Pages

About Me

My photo
Meow ^..^ is a growing, evolving, kinky, carbon based critter, sexual deviant, closet artist, a working graphic designer for the last 15 years, and I am stuck in Utah. This is about my journey...

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Complicated grief...

 

(original entry June 8, 2010)
Just a little something I read today that is helping me in areas I need to let go of. Too many of the things I read spoke of just grief and loss in general. When I think of the word "grief" I think at first "Who died?"
This little blip that ran across my radar today really helped me to clarify and define the type of grief I really need to work on....
"Brain scientists now recognize that nearly 20 percent of us suffer from“complicated grief.” According Rob Stein of the Washington Post, “One of the hallmarks of complicated grief is a persistent sense of longing for the lost one and a tendency to conjure up reveries of that person.”
The persistence of a romanticized memory contains an addictive element but the element is not in the former relationship, it’s in you.
So trade in your rose-colored glasses. Chances are you are romanticizing weaknesses as strengths. A realistic assessment is empowering. It is easier to let go of a human than a hero."

No comments:

Post a Comment